PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES
1:8 scale off road racing is one of the hobby’s most challenging disciplines; it requires a high standard and demands attention to detail. The latest development to come from Associated Electrics’ Area 51 is designed to push boundaries of performance and build upon the number of accolades accumulated by the RC8 series.
RC8B4e Kit Features
- Innovative front-end geometry with reduced inclined kingpin steering blocks are paired with a new wider upper suspension arm pivot for improved steering balance and predictable handling in all conditions
- New gearboxes are specific to front and rear with larger 6x13x5 mm flanged bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears. The front gearbox has an inclined pinion gear angle to straighten the center driveshaft for increased drivetrain efficiency and reduced phasing and vibration while the rear gearbox remains flat.
- Front and rear suspension arms engineered to accommodate a wide range of flex and stiffnesses
- One-piece anti-roll bar links mounted in-line with anti-roll bar with BHC for simplified assembly
- Front upper arms include a unique molded “wing” insert for increased front-end downforce
- New rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment
- The adjustable rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight-line stability, a taller rear wicker lip height for increased downforce and increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue
- New rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue, centralizes shear forces, and improves the life of rear end drivetrain parts while allowing for three different chassis flex options
- New rear hub features a symmetrical left and right common design with axle height inserts for adjustable roll center tuning
- New captured CVA drive shafts design front and rear with center dogbone driveline
- Fuel tank with an ergonomically designed lid puller, quick reference fuel markings and 1-, 2-, and 3cc stackable inserts for volume adjustment at sanctioned events
- Carbon fiber front top plate centralizes the front chassis brace for balanced flex in all directions
- New body shell designed by Area 51 for aggressive looks, functional performance, and lasting durability
- V3 differentials with 42T ring and 12T pinion gears for improved gear ratios
- RC8B3.2 side guards that thread into the chassis from the top side of the car
- RC8B3.2 radio tray: battery and receiver box with removable transponder mount
- RC8B3.2 split center diff mounts with aluminum center top plate
- 16mm shocks equipped with locking spring cups and rod ends in improved material, V2 springs, ‘stiff’ style shock bladder, combination bleeder/emulsion caps, and blue aluminum threaded collars
- RC8B3.2 narrow C and D arm mounts
- 4-shoe aluminum clutch with two composite and two aluminum shoes, optimized clutch springs, and steel 13T clutch bell
Wing has vertical fins and a taller rear lip for increased straightline stability and downforce.
Improved Wing Mount
Wing mount features adjustability with angle shims, strength improvements, and aerodynamic shape.
16mm shocks equipped with improved material for locking spring cups and camber link rod ends.
New Chassis Brace
New rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue.
Improved Suspension Arms
Front and rear suspension arms engineered with optimal flex and stiffness.
Racing Fuel Tank
Fuel tank with ergonomically designed lid puller, high capacity, and quick reference fuel markings.
Anodized Aluminum Chassis
7075 aluminum hard anodized chassis features updates to strengthen the front and rear droop tab areas.
Improved Front Geometry
Innovative front-end geometry and new 8-Degree kingpin steering blocks.
New front and rear gearbox designs are engineered for better drivetrain efficiency.
Front upper arm includes a unique optional molded "wing" insert for increased front-end downforce.
Battery - Sold Separately
Body - Buggy, Unpainted, Uncut
Brakes - Disk
Charger - Sold Separately
Chassis - Aluminum
Completion Level - Kit
Drivetrain - 4WD
Motor Size - .21 Class Rear Exhaust (Sold Separately)
Product Length - 19.13" (486 mm)
Product Width - 11.99" (305 mm)
Radio - Sold Separately
Receiver - Sold Separately
Scale - 1/8
Servos - Sold Separately
Shock Type - Aluminum
Vehicle Type - Buggy
Wheel Hex Size - 17mm